Application for Graduation
Apply for Graduation
A student anticipating graduation is required to complete an Application for Graduation. You must have Acrobat Reader installed to view your downloadable and printable Graduation Application form.
You can also request an application form from the Student Services office or you can submit it electronically through the My North Central portal beneath the Student tab. Due dates for graduation application are provided on the application itself.
Reminder for Students:
- Make sure you meet with an advisor to verify that you qualify for your degree;
- A second degree requires a minimum of 15 credits over the requirement for initial degree;
- Review North Central Catalog degree requirements;
- Degree request will not be approved until the applicant starts final semester with at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA and is expected to complete all necessary coursework satisfactorily by the date degree is awarded
- Degree awards are not actually recorded on official college records until final grades have been submitted and eligibility confirmed;
- Physical diplomas are mailed directly to graduates, usually several weeks after the semester ends.
Commencement is held once each year on the final day of the Winter Semester, although degrees and certificates may be conferred effective on the last day of any college enrollment period. December and July graduates are invited to participate in May's commencement ceremony and should attend the Graduation Rehearsal.
Commencement will be held on Friday, May 4, 2018, at 7:30 p.m. in the SCRC Auditorium. Graduates need to arrive no later than 6:45 p.m. for preparation. Once approved for Graduation, you will receive additional information in April pertaining to the dates and time of Graduation Rehearsal as well as Commencement.
If you would like to participate in Graduation, you will be required to attend rehearsal.
Rehearsal will be held on Friday, May 4, 2018 at 9 a.m. in the SCRC Auditorium.
You will learn important details about graduation process at rehearsal.
Cap and Gowns will be available for pickup during 2017 Gradfest or at the College Store thereafter. If you are unable to stop by the College Store, you may call them at (231) 348-6606 to make arrangements.
Diplomas will be mailed to students following the Confirmation of Grades for the Winter Semester. You should expect to receive your diploma in the mail within 6–8 weeks after Commencement.
MACRAO Transfer Agreement/Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA)
Students receiving an Associate transfer degree will be evaluated for MACRAO/MTA. More information on this agreement can be found here.