Apply for Graduation
Students who expect to qualify for their degree by the close of any enrollment period MUST complete an Application for Graduation. Click here for a printable, downloadable Application for Graduation form (you'll need to have Acrobat Reader installed).
Forms are also available from the Student Services office or can be electronically submitted via My North Central Portal under the Student tab. Graduation application due dates are listed on the graduation application.
Students are reminded:
- To see an advisor to verify that they qualify for their degree;
- A second degree requires completion of a minimum of 15 credits beyond the award of the first degree;
- To consult the portions of the North Central Catalog which describe various degree requirements;
- A request for degree may not be approved unless the applicant begins his/her final semester with a 2.0 cumulative grade point average and may reasonably be expected to have completed all necessary coursework satisfactorily by the date of degree award;
- Degree awards are not actually recorded on official college records until final grades have been submitted and eligibility confirmed;
- Diplomas are mailed directly to recipients, usually several weeks after the end of the semester.
Commencement is held once each year on the final day of the Winter Semester, although degrees and certificates may be conferred effective on the last day of any college enrollment period. December and July graduates are invited to participate in May's commencement ceremony and should attend the Graduation Rehearsal.
Commencement will be held on Friday, May 4, 2018, at 7:30 p.m. in the SCRC Auditorium. Graduates need to arrive no later than 6:45 p.m. for preparation. Once approved for Graduation, you will receive additional information in April pertaining to the dates and time of Graduation Rehearsal as well as Commencement.
If you are planning to participate in Graduation you will need to attend rehearsal.
Rehearsal will be held on Friday, May 4, 2018 at 9 a.m. in the SCRC Auditorium.
At rehearsal you will receive information about what to expect at the Commencement ceremony.
Cap and Gowns will be available for pickup during 2017 Gradfest or at the College Store thereafter. If you are unable to stop by the College Store, you may call them at (231) 348-6606 to make arrangements.
Diplomas will be mailed to students following the Confirmation of Grades for the Winter Semester. You should expect to receive your diploma in the mail within 6-8 weeks after Commencement.
MACRAO Transfer Agreement/Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA)
Students receiving an Associate transfer degree will be evaluated for MACRAO/MTA.