Business & Beyond
North Central Michigan College’s Corporate and Community Education (CCE) department has formed a partnership with the Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center – Northern Lower (MMTC) to provide training and educational programs to local businesses in Emmet, Charlevoix and Cheboygan counties. This partnership will provide access to Lean Business, Train the Trainer, Leadership and Secession Planning programs for businesses in the three counties.
Through this partnership, businesses will have access to the “Lean Learning Consortium” (LLC), an annual membership program providing monthly events on the Lean philosophy and processes. A membership includes two seats per enrollment in any LLC event in the state of Michigan, monthly programs and discounts on specific training programs. To join, contact CCE director Jim Tisdel at (231) 348-6613 or email@example.com.
LEAN LEARNING CONSORTIUM
Value Stream Mapping Simulation
Friday, November 11
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Student & Community Resource Center, Room 536
Discover the tools of Value Stream Mapping which allow you to see the flow of value as you follow a product or service production path from 'dock to dock' or 'order to order.' Learn how to identify and collect accurate data to draft a current state map, use Lean concepts to identify areas for improvement and create a future state map.
- Identify value from the customer's perspective.
- Identify a value stream.
- Identify mapping icon used for VSM in a manufacturing operation
- Develop a current state map of a value stream.
- Identify the eight wastes.
- Understand how the LEAN tools of takt time; pull system and Kanban; and cellular flow help to develop a future state map.
- Identify future state mapping icons used for VSM in a manufacturing operation.
- Identify proposed lean improvements in a future state value stream deliverables/objectives.
Member companies may send two representatives at no charge.
Class is limited to 12 participants. Click here to register now.
Or call 231-348-6613.