You will find top-quality instruction in an area of unmatched natural beauty. Whether you seek a degree or certificate, credits that will transfer, or personal enrichment, the people of North Central are ready to help you take the next step on your path to success.
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Employment: 96 full-time faculty and staff, 180 part-time staff and adjunct
- NCMC locations in Petoskey, Cheboygan, Gaylord:
Classes held throughout the region
- Enrollment (Fall 2012): 2,757
- Main Phone #: 231-348-6600 or 1-888-298-6605
- Total graduates since 1960: approximately 9,000
- Total Financial Aid awarded in 2011-12: $9,665,895
- Percentage of students receiving aid in 2011-12: 68%
- Total scholarship amount awarded in 2011-12: more than $140,000
- Annual budget (2012-13): $14.6 million
- Revenue: Emmet County Property Taxes (38%), Tuition & Fees (41.5%), State Appropriations (19.8%), Other (.7%)
- 24 associate degrees and 38 certificates available
- Tuition per credit hour: Emmet County residents $77.50
Other Michigan residents $128
- Out of state $165.25
- University Center partners: CMU, FSU, LSSU, LTU, MSU, SAU
- North Central students have the assurance of transfer agreements between colleges, along with curriculum guides and an important website, www.macrao.org, to verify the transferability of courses.
- North Central students have access to many resources, including Learning Support Services, tutoring, the Writing Center, College Store, Library, gymnasium and fitness center, Student Veterans Resource Center, cafeteria, and student clubs and organizations.
- North Central’s Corporate and Community Education division offers non-credit job skills training tailored to meet individual needs.
- North Central’s Lecture Series brings high-profile, national speakers to the Petoskey campus in the fall and winter semesters of each year. The lectures are offered to the public free of charge.
- North Central’s Luncheon Lectures bring up to six regional and local speakers of interest to the Petoskey campus each semester. Lunch is included.
To learn more about North Central, call 231-348-6600 or