Summer/Fall Orientations 2014-2015
Petoskey, Gaylord and Cheboygan
( Summer registration only)
|10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m|
|April 10th||10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m|
|April 15th GAYLORD||10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.|
|April 16th CHEBOYGAN||10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.|
|April 17th||10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.|
|April 24th||10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.|
|April 24th||5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.|
|May 1st||10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.|
|May 6th GAYLORD||10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.|
|May 7th CHEBOYGAN||10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.|
|May 8th||10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.|
|May 27th GAYLORD||10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.|
|May 28th CHEBOYGAN||10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.|
Mandatory Orientation and Advising Session
- What can be expected at your mandatory orientation and advising session?
The mandatory orientation and advising sessions are designed to assist a student to get on course to a successful educational experience at North Central. Some of topics that will be covered include faculty expectations for students, resources at the college, how to develop a successful education plan, how to pay for college, how to register for courses, and more.
- Is the orientation and advising session mandatory?
Yes. New students entering North Central Fall after 2012 and enrolling in at least 3 credits must attend a mandatory orientation and advising session before they are able to register for courses. Guest, Personal Interest, and Dual Enrolled, do not need to attend an orientation and advising session.
- How long is a session?
Sessions will last about 3 hours. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your session to complete the check-‐in process.
- What do I need to do prior to pre-‐registering for an orientation and advising session?
You must submit ACT scores or take the COMPASS by appointment in Learning Support Services. Look here for more information: http://www.ncmich.edu/advising/compass.html Complete the personal assessments.
- Can I just show up to the orientation and advising session or do I have to pre-‐register?
Sessions will be held at Petoskey, Gaylord and Cheboygan. Students must pre-‐register in advance for the orientation. You can do so by calling 231-348-6626.
- Will I be able to register for classes during the mandatory orientation and advising session?
Yes. After the informational sessions, there will be time to register for classes for the current open semester.
- Can I meet with an advisor during the orientation and advising session?
Advisors will be available to help during course selection
- Are there orientation and advising sessions off-‐campus?
Yes, sessions will be held periodically in Gaylord and Cheboygan.
- What if I don’t attend the mandatory orientation and advising session?
Students who do not complete orientation will not be able to register for courses. The earlier you attend orientation, the sooner you can register and the likelier it is that you will find the courses that meet your preferences and fit your schedule.
- Can I bring someone with me to an orientation and advising session?
You may bring a parent or a friend with you. Due to space constraint, please limit the number of people you bring to one. Please note that because of the format of orientation, young children should not attend. Please find alternate arrangements for them.
- Do I need to bring anything with me?
Yes. You need to have your Student and Community Portal username and password. If you do not have these, please call the help desk at 348‐6617 prior to the session to obtain. • Who can I contact if I have further questions?
You may contact Student Services at 231348-6626.