Name / Address Changes
How to Submit a Name Change?
Students requesting name changes must submit to Student Services a copy of the legal document authorizing such change (marriage license, divorce decree, court order, etc.). A current driver's license reflecting the change will be accepted. Questions regarding this policy or possible exceptions to it should direct all information to:
Mail: North Central Michigan College, Records Office
1515 Howard Street
Peotskey MI 49770
Dropped off: Office of Student Services
What Happens when the Name Change is submitted?
All name changes submitted by 5:00 PM Thursday will be processed on the following Monday. Upon completion of the name change, the following items will be affected:
- Student and Community Portal username will change
- Name in Blackboard will reflect your new name
- Name in ‘My North Central’ will reflect your new name
- Mymail Account will change
Your MyMail account will be renamed to reflect your new name. It is VERY IMPORTANT that any messages in your ‘old’ mymail account be either saved or printed before Monday when your new mymail account will be issued in case any issues arise during the name change process.
Your old Student and Community Portal username will be disabled when the change is made on Monday. Please call the Help Desk at 231.348.6617 in order to receive your new portal username after Monday at 3 PM. Your password will not be changed.
The Help Desk will need your social security number and date of birth to verify your identity before the new username is provided.
Any changes to Biographical information (address, phone number, etc.) are made online.
- Log on to the Student and Community Portal with your user name and password.
- Click on the ‘My North Central’ icon.
- Follow these steps to submit changes:
- At the top of the page, click on ‘Personal Info’ next to your name. (Underneath the NCMC logo you will see - Welcome back (YOUR NAME) Personal Info/Logout)
- Under “My Info,” click on the ‘Biographical Info’ tab.
- Click on the small pencil icon next to ‘Name and Address’
- Update the appropriate fields, then click ‘SUBMIT’ at the bottom of the page
You must click ‘SUBMIT’ or the information will not be submitted for review
The changes will be reviewed and processed within one week
NOTE: Changing your address does not automatically change your Residency Status.
For residency change information, click here.
To contact Student Services, call
888-298-6605 (toll free)