North Central Site Search:

North Central - Records & Registrar

Transcript Request

Student Records
Courses in which a student is registered are recorded on a college transcript. Student records are protected by the Family, Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. Students are entitled to review records, files, documents and other materials containing information directly related to them which are maintained by the College. Questions regarding your transcript should be directed to:


Renee DeYoung, Registrar


Nicki Morris, Records Specialist
888-298-6605 (toll free)


To request an official transcript or unofficial transcript from the Records Office:

Print the Academic Transcript Request Form

  • Complete the Academic Transcript Request Form

  • Return the completed Academic Transcript Request Form to:
    North Central Michigan College
    Office of Academic Records
    1515 Howard Street
    Petoskey, MI 49770
  • Fax (231) 348-6625

  • Scan and email to
  • Transcript Fees: None

Transfer students should be aware of these rules regarding transfer of credits:

  • Only credits granted by schools accredited by regional accrediting associations will be considered for transfer to North Central.  
  • Transcripts received by North Central for transfer credit must be official copies mailed directly from the school to the North Central Records office.
  • Credits, not grades, are transferred for "C" (2.0) or better courses. In most cases, courses will be accepted for equivalent North Central courses or elective credit.
  • No evaluation of credit is made for a student who has received a two- or four-year degree from another institution, except for coursework that applies to the student’s declared program of study at North Central.
  • Fractional credits shown in the student’s total credits to be transferred are not included in his/her North Central record.
  • Military Service School credit may be awarded where such credit is applicable to the student’s declared program of study. Evaluations are consistent with the American Council on Education’s Guide to the Evaluation of Education Experiences in the Armed Forces recommendations. North Central allows up to 30 semester credits from Military Service Schools.
  • North Central will recognize up to 15 credits for Advanced Placement (AP) and/ or College- Level Examination Program (CLEP), provided scores on the AP are three or higher and CLEP scores are 50 or above.
  • North Central may recognize up to 30 semester credits in transfer from trade schools or apprenticeship programs certified by the Michigan Department of Education.
  • No more than 45 semester credits from all external sources will be utilized in transfer by North Central toward a degree or certificate. Please note that 15 semester credit hours must be taken from North Central before a certificate, degree or MACRAO certification may be earned.

    Please contact Nicki Morris at 231-348-6625 in the Registrar's office with any questions.