North Central Site Search:

Student Success - Transfer opportunities

University Center

North Central students can complete the first two or, in some cases, three years of their coursework for a bachelor’s degree in certain areas through North Central. The remainder can be completed through the course offerings of North Central’s University Center partners.  Be sure to meet with your advisor to review your credits for transfer eligibility. 

Many classes required by University Center partners to complete their degree programs are offered on North Central’s Petoskey campus.  Some are offered in Gaylord and elsewhere.  Students can save substantial amounts of money by paying North Central's low tuition rates for the majority of their bachelor's degree programs.  Transfer scholarships are also available in some cases. 

Central Michigan University offers a master of arts degree in counseling at North Central in Petoskey beginning in Fall Term 2011. The program will be offered in a cohort format where a group of approximately 25 qualified students will follow a set schedule of courses together from start to finish. The degree prepares the student to work as a professional counselor in public and private schools, institutions of higher learning, community agencies, and private practice.

Students have a choice of pursuing the Professional Counseling option that prepares them for licensure as a professional counselor (LPC) in the State of Michigan or the School Counseling option. Licensed teachers who elect the School Counseling option can qualify for the Michigan School Counseling Endorsement. Non-teachers who wish to pursue a Michigan School Counselor License will take the Professional Counseling concentration plus additional hours related to school counseling.

For more information, call CMU’s Traverse City Center at 231-995-1756.

  • Michigan State University
    (Contact Andy Norman @ 231-995-1719)
    • Commercial Horticulture Operations- Certificate/AA
    • Commercial Turf Operations- Certificate/AA
    • Landscape and Nursery- Certificate from North Central/AA from North Central
  • Spring Arbor University
    (Contact Sara Lancaster @ 231-439-6203)
    • Social Work- BSW
    • Elementary and Secondary Education- BA
    • Elementary and Secondary Post BA Certification also available

For additional information call the
University Center at 231-439-6546.