Here’s a list of questions to ask your transfer college/university. Remember to bring a copy of your transcripts when you meet with an admissions representative.
- What are the general admission requirements?
- Is there a deadline to apply?
- Can I apply online?
- Is there an application fee?
- What are special admission requirements for specific programs?
- Do I need to apply separately to the college/university and the program I am interested in?
- May I begin any semester?
Transfer Credit Information
- Is there a transfer guide available?
- What is the required grade in a class for transfer?
- What is the maximum number of credits I can transfer?
- Does this college/university accept the MACRAO transfer agreement?
- Can I receive credit for:
- Military experience
- Life experience
- AP or CLEP
- When and how will I receive my credit evaluation?
- What programs are available in my area of interest?
- Are classes available evenings, off-campus and weekends?
- Can I earn my entire degree online or in the evenings?
- What are the graduation requirements for my program of interest?
- What kinds of academic support services are available?
General College/University Information
- What is the enrollment and average class size?
- What kind of housing options do I have available?
- Will career guidance be available?
- What student organizations are available?
- Are child care facilities available?
- How can I connect with the disability services office?
- What types of financial aid and /or scholarships are available?