PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP OFFERED FOR GRADUATING HOME SCHOOL SENIOR
North Central Michigan College provides a Presidential Scholarship to one graduating senior from a home school within our service area. Presidential Scholarships are offered for full tuition (up to 20 contact hours per semester) and mandatory fees for four consecutive semesters (fall and winter only). Field study fees are not included. Scholarship recipients must register for the fall semester immediately following their spring high school graduation. This is a competitive scholarship.
To be considered, a student shall:
- Complete an online Application for Admission to North Central by April 1 of their graduation year.
- Have a minimum 3.5 overall high school grade point average (include a high school transcript complete through the nominee’s seventh semester)
- Submit a recommendation letter that addresses their academic potential and leadership qualities
- Submit a statement that addresses academic and career goals and how North Central will help to meet those goals
- Submit ACT/ SAT scores (ACT score of 18 or above for English and a Reading score of 21 or above; SAT (test prior to April 2016) score of 430 or above in English and a score of 450 or above in Reading); SAT (test starting April 2016) two-digit score of 25 or above in both English and Reading: SAT (test starting April 2016) three-digit score of 500 or above in English/Reading/Writing (ERW).
All documentation must be received no later than April 12, 2019. For more information, contact Renee DeYoung, Vice President of Student Affairs, at (231) 348-6618.
North Central Michigan College is an open-door community college based in Petoskey, with additional locations offering classes and services in Cheboygan and Gaylord. North Central’s mission is to provide educational, economic and cultural opportunities for student learning, personal growth and community improvement. North Central is an Achieving the Dream Leader College, a Military-Friendly® and Veteran Friendly School. North Central was named Best Community College in Michigan by bestcolleges.com in 2018-2019.
For more information:
Communications and Events Specialist