Returning to Campus
what to expect at north central this winter
Effective January 4, 2021, North Central Michigan College is electing to follow Phase 4 restrictions from our Re-Opening Plan/COVID-19 Response Grid during the state-mandated shift to the use of remote instructional methods.
- To access AD/CL Classrooms 018A-D (Art Rooms), 027, 032, 036, 041, 044, 122, 123, 124, use the west building entrances.
- To access the AD/CL Classrooms 057, 070 140, 143, 144, and 150, use the east building entrances.
- The middle entrances will be inaccessible during construction. Please click here for a complete Return to Campus Plan created August 2020.
Here’s our safety blueprint.
- The winter semester begins on January 11.
- Student Services is currently taking appointments for advising.
- The Winter semester class schedule has options for all different comfort levels: Face-to-face (F2F), hybrid (F2F and online) and entirely online classes. A plan to flex courses between delivery modes where necessary for public health or curricular demands will allow us to move seamlessly between formats if it is necessary for the safety of our students, faculty and staff.
- Please consider your surroundings and maintain a 6 ft. minimum social distance from others whenever possible.
- Masks must be worn indoors.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer dispensers, disposable wipes and sprays have been placed throughout campus.
- Frequent and comprehensive sanitation and disinfecting in all common areas, classrooms and residence hall are being performed.
- The Iron Horse Café will be open for Residence Hall students and operating according to social distancing guidelines and safety needs.
- The Residence Hall will be open with a single student per designated living space and safety guidelines in place.