August 7 UPDATE
TO: Members of the North Central Michigan College Community
FROM: Dr. David Roland Finley, President, North Central Michigan College
Monday, August 10, marks an important day for the College, as we will begin accepting walk-in business as opposed to just scheduled appointments. This is critical to our being accessible to prospective students and building enrollment, as we are quickly approaching the beginning of our Fall 2020 semester on September 8.
As we prepare for Monday’s reopening, please note the following:
- Walk-in business differs from walk-in advising in Student Services. Walk-in advising will be available from August 24 through September 11 from 1 – 5 p.m. During this same time, morning virtual appointments can be made from 8:30 a.m. – noon. Students may schedule virtual advising appointments until walk-in advising starts on August 24.
- The Library, SCRC and Iron Horse Café will remain closed to the public until September 8. The Library is currently offering curbside pickup to cardholders, students, and employees.
- With the exception of the Administration Office, the AD/CL Building will remain closed to the public due to ongoing construction.
- The College Store will be reopen on Monday. Signs have been posted on the SCRC doors specifying that the College Store is open, but the SCRC remains closed.
- Residence Hall move-in will occur September 3 – 6 by appointment only.
- Visitors to the College will be expected to wear masks and observe social distancing of at least 6’. They will not be required to sign in upon entry to our buildings.
- Employees are expected to self-screen before coming to campus, reporting their findings on the MDHHS MI Symptoms Web App daily. If the MI Symptoms app indicates that you are at risk, plan to stay home and contact your supervisor.
A separate email providing more detailed information regarding the reopening plans is forthcoming.
Be smart, be safe, and stay healthy in the coming days. By pulling together, we can create the best working environment possible under these challenging circumstances.
As always, I thank you for your good work on behalf of the learners at North Central.