NORTH CENTRAL STUDENTS:
Great Lakes Energy has announced free access to Truestream high-speed Wi-Fi at several parking lots in Emmet and Charlevoix counties. If access to fast, reliable internet has been a challenge for you, please make note of the following locations where Truestream access is available.
1. Bliss Township Firehall 9198 Pleasantview Rd., Levering. Access expected by April 16.
2. Stutsmanville Chapel – 2988 S. State St., Harbor Springs. Access is available now.
3. Harbor Light Christian School – 8333 Clayton Rd., Harbor Springs. Access expected by April 24.
4. Emmet County Road Commission – 2265 Hathaway Rd., Harbor Springs. Access expected by April 16.
5. Petoskey Youth Soccer Association Field – 2325 Click Rd., Petoskey. Access is available now. Service is available from 6 a.m.–8 p.m.
6. Charlevoix Township Stroud Hall – 12491 Waller Rd., Charlevoix. Access expected by April 17.
7. Great Lakes Energy Office – west side – 1323 Boyne Ave., Boyne City (old Carters parking lot). Access is available now.
At all of these locations, individuals are asked to remain in their vehicles and observe proper social distancing. As many as 100 devices may connect to the Truestream network at each location at once. Once you are connected, you will be prompted to accept Truestream’s Terms of Service agreement by opening your website browser.
For more information, please see the article in the Petoskey News-Review: “Great Lakes Energy/Truestream to offer free Wi-Fi hotspots for students”
Please remember that your Student Services staff and your professors are committed to working creatively to walk through this challenging time with you. Call 231-348-6605 to let us know how we can help you stay on track.