Mission, Vision, Philosophy, Values
Guiding Principles -- 2016-2017
North Central Michigan College is a dynamic organization committed to student learning, student success and community enrichment.
Our Vision Statement reflects what we want to be and incorporates those values rated by employees as most central to our identity and most important to maintain and grow.
North Central provides educational, economic and cultural opportunities for student learning, personal growth and community improvement.
Our Mission Statement reflects who we are and what we do.
We improve the quality of life for our students and the communities we serve.
Our Philosophy reflects what we believe.
Student Learning and Student Success – North Central creates an environment where people can learn and be successful. The college provides opportunities for people to acquire knowledge and new skills.
Integrity – North Central operates in ways that are honest, fair, respectful and responsible.
Community and Educational Access – North Central has a positive impact on students, their families and our communities by providing an affordable, open-door pathway to education and opportunity. North Central builds relationships among diverse people and organizations.
Excellence – North Central strives for the highest quality in its curricular and co-curricular offerings. The college utilizes ongoing assessment and evaluation methods to measure its progress and reach for continuous improvement.
Stewardship – North Central effectively manages its facilities and systems while maintaining a balanced budget.
Community Engagement and Service – North Central demonstrates a commitment to helping others on and off the campus and provides leadership in community development.
Based upon our Mission, Philosophy and Core Values, North Central adopts the following Strategic Goals:
- North Central will increase enrollment, retention and completion.
- North Central will offer educational programs that provide a pathway for student success in the workforce or university setting.
- North Central will collect, analyze and use data for continuous quality improvement.
- North Central will promote personal growth through its curricular and co-curricular programs.
- North Central will provide high-quality programs, experiences and services.
- North Central will promote health and wellness for all members of the community.
- North Central will promote intentional engagement with applicable technology.
- North Central will provide integrated support for active and collaborative learning.
- North Central will pursue alternative revenue streams to maximize available resources.
- Extend use of Annual Program Performance Reviews to include new programs and online courses
- Implement Guided Pathways
- Implement prioritized items in Campus Master Plan
- Restructure advising system
- Consider restructuring of selected adjunct faculty positions
- Position the college for the upcoming millage campaign