Financial Aid Steps
1. Portal Sign-up (If you have not signed up already). Go to to www.ncmich.edu, click on Student and Community Portal. Complete sign-in and you will be directed to the Admissions Application.
2. Apply for Admission (If you have not done so already; see Enrollment and Admission section). No cost. You will be notified of your status and next steps by mail.
3. Apply for a Federal PIN. PIN is used to access and correct your information and your parents’ information online. Parents need a PIN if their information is required for financial aid application. Go to www.pin.ed.gov to request a PIN.
4. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or complete the Renewal Application. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov. Use this College Code For North Central Michigan College: 002299. Enter this number on your FAFSA so that North Central staff can access your FAFSA results electronically. If you are transferring mid-year or considering multiple colleges, enter the codes for all schools you are considering but enter first the code for the college you are most likely to attend.
5. Review Your FAFSA Information. About one week after you submit your FAFSA, a Student Aid Report (SAR) will be sent to you via email by the Federal Processor. Review the information for accuracy and submit any changes requested online. If you do not provide an email address, correspondence will be by postal mail and will take longer.
- Important Tips:
- Inform the Financial Aid Office of changes in family or financial circumstances.
- Keep your demographic information current with Student Services and the Federal Processor.
6. Respond immediately to requests for information. You may be selected by the Federal Processor or the College for verification and be required to submit income documentation and a Verification Worksheet to the Financial Aid Office. Application processing stops until all documentation is received and the student file is complete.
7. File Complete. After your file is complete, a review and determination of eligibility will be made. Files are reviewed in the order they are received. Review time is a minimum of two weeks. All students are notified of their eligibility. Read the Financial Aid Award Guide and know the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy found elsewhere in this catalog and on the College web site under Financial Aid.
North Central scholarships. Go to www.ncmich.edu under Financial Aid, Scholarships, for a current list. Deadline date is May 15 each year. Awards are based on academic excellence and specific scholarship requirements.
Other Scholarships. Check out any clubs, organizations, and businesses with which you or your parents may be affiliated. Search through legitimate sources only such as www.michigan.gov/mistudentaid. Scholarship searches should be free. Call the Financial Aid Office if you question the legitimacy of a provider.
North Central Michigan College
Financial Aid Department
1515 Howard Street
Petoskey, MI 49770
Melissa Colby , Financial Aid Advisor
231-348-6627 telephone and fax number
Virginia Panoff, Director of Financial Aid
231-348-6698 telephone and fax number