ON-LINE CAREER ASSESSMENT AND INFORMATION SYSTEM
What is FOCUS 2?
FOCUS 2 is a web based major and career exploration tool that you may use throughout your college years at North Central and beyond. FOCUS 2 can be used in different ways throughout all stages of your education and career planning according to your personal needs.
FOCUS 2 can help you
- Understand the career planning process
- Learn about yourself through the assessments
- Explore majors at North Central that match your interests and support your career goals
- Explore career fields and occupations that appeal to you
- Develop an Action Plan
- Make informed decisions about your major and career
- Plan for advanced education and training
- Explore future options for transitioning into specialized occupations
Focus 2 is free, can be accessed by you anywhere you have online connection and appropriate software, and is available to you after you complete your studies at North Central.
Give it a try!
First time using Focus2? Click here and use access code "ncmc".
Already registered with Focus2? Click here to go to the ncmc users login
Once logged in to FOCUS 2 On-line assessment tools you can:
- Begin the “Work Interests Assessment” by clicking the ‘START’ button. Results show college majors and occupations that align with your interests.
- There are other self-assessments and each one can help you to narrow down the list of college majors and career occupations that most closely match with your results.
- You can also log in at any time to spend additional time researching over 1,000 occupations and viewing career videos
A good strategy after using FOCUS 2 is to think about your results and discuss your ideas with your career counselor / advisor. Be sure to continue to use FOCUS 2 as an ongoing resource.