Updating Personal Information
Submit a Name Change to Student Services
Students requesting name changes are required to submit, to Student Services, a copy of the legal document authorizing such change (marriage license, divorce decree, court order, etc.). A current driver's license reflecting the change will be accepted. Questions regarding this policy or possible exceptions to it should be directed to:
Mail: North Central Michigan College, Records Office
1515 Howard Street
Petoskey MI 49770
Dropped off: Office of Student Services
What Happens when the Name Change is submitted?
All name changes submitted by 5:00 PM Thursday will be processed on the following Monday. Upon completion of the name change, the following items will be affected:
- NC Portal username will change
- Name in Blackboard will reflect your new name
- Name in ‘My North Central’ will reflect your new name
- MyMail Account will change
Your MyMail account will be renamed to reflect your new name. It is VERY IMPORTANT that any messages in your ‘old’ MyMail account be either saved or printed before Monday when your new MyMail account will be issued in case any issues arise during the name change process.
Your previous NC Portal username will be disabled when the change is made on Monday. You will receive an email from us by Wednesday afternoon with your new username and your new MyMail account. Your password will not be changed.
If you do not receive this email, please contact Nicki Morris at 231-348-6625.
Personal Information Changes:
Changes to personal information (address, phone number, etc.) are entered online.
- Log on to the NC Portal with your user name and password
- Click on the ‘My North Central’ icon
- Enter your user name and password again on the upper right side of your screen and click Login
Follow these steps to submit changes:
- At the top right side of the page, click on ‘Personal Info’ next to your name (Underneath the search box)
- Under “My Info”, click on the ‘Biographical Info’ tab
- Click on the small pencil icon next to ‘Name, Address and Personal Details’
- Update the appropriate fields, then click ‘SUBMIT’ at the bottom of the page
You must click ‘SUBMIT’ or the information will not be submitted for review
Changes will be reviewed and processed within one week.
NOTE: Changing your address does not automatically change your Residency Status. For residency change information, click here.
To contact Student Services,
888-298-6605 (toll free)