Business & Beyond
Tuesday, June 12
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
SCRC, Room 536
Welcome to Train-the-Trainer with the Active Learning Model. This class is offered as a hybrid, which includes an hour and a half of online pre-work. It is followed by a one-day, eight-hour, hands-on skill development practice and feedback session. The training development and delivery model will increase your effectiveness and confidence as a trainer. You will practice and receive feedback as you develop, deliver, and evaluate training activities.
Taught by Training Specialist: Cindy Daniel
• Graduated from the College of William and Mary in Virginia with a degree in Business Management
• Twelve years as a National Account Manager and agency owner for Xerox Corporation
• Marketing Director for Muskegon Catholic Schools for four years
• Core competencies: leadership development, conflict management, employee engagement, team building, DISC, change management, managing multiple generations.
To register, call 231-348-6613 or email email@example.com.
CCE offers customized job skills training for companies with programs tailored to meet specific individual and industry needs. CCE training provides:
- Skills to match high-demand fields
- Training on current technology and equipment
- Hands-on experience-based learning
- Convenient schedule and location
- Certification of Completion recognized by industries
- CNC training
CCE can partner to offer customized training in the Industrial Fabrication Lab located in the Technology Building on North Central’s campus in Petoskey or in the mobile Fab Lab. The only one of its kind in Northern Michigan, the 44-foot trailer contains 12 state-of-the-art computers loaded with design software Surfcam, Mastercam and AutoCad, a Haas OL-1 CNC lathe turning center and a Haas OM-1A milling center.
Please call 231-348-6613 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange customized staff training at your location.
ERGONOMIC SAFETY TRAINING
CCE’s Ergonomic Safety Training is designed to prevent injuries among workers in long-term health care, hospitals and accommodations. This year CCE received MIOSHA funds to offer free ergonomic safety training. The CCE instructor brings materials, instruction and practical tips to hospital, hotel and long-term care workers across the region. Eligible businesses are invited to call CCE at 231-348-6613 to schedule free ergonomic training at their location.
LEAN LEARNING CONSORTIUM EVENTS
CCE offers monthly Lean training, consulting and networking opportunities through the Lean Learning Consortium of Emmet, Charlevoix and Cheboygan. Please join the LLC for the Lean tours and training this spring.
The meetings are held from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at various locations, unless otherwise noted.
- April 13 - Lean Champion Celebration (Lobdell's (NMC's Great Lakes Campus), 715 E. Front Street, Traverse City, 8:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- May 11 - Tube Fab, Afton MI 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- June 8 - Mitchell Graphics, Petoskey, MI 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
LEAN MANUFACTURING CHAMPION TRAINING
North Central Michigan College’s Corporate and Community Education department is offering Lean Manufacturing Champion Certification to area businesses. This six-month training will include tools for facilitating change, seeing waste in current processes, building more effective teams, increasing productivity while reducing stress, and improving the quality of services or products delivered to your customer.
The trainings will be on Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Trainings will be held in various manufacturing facilities in the area.
For more information on the Lean Learning Consortium or this certification series, contact Jim Tisdel, director of Corporate and Community Education at 231-348-6822 or email@example.com.
Not a member yet?
To join, contact CCE director Jim Tisdel at (231) 348-6613 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In partnership with Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center.