Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Davenport University Partnership
Advance your career with a BSN degree.
North Central's partnership with Davenport University provides NCMC nursing graduates with a structured pathway to earning a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN).
Davenport University's BSN completion program is designed for graduates of North Central's three-year Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program* as well as other registered nurses seeking to continue their education. The NCMC-Davenport partnership allows North Central nursing graduates to earn their BSN during a fourth year spent locally, but as Davenport students. Because the program content is delivered online with some components taking place on North Central’s campus, registered nurses can continue working while completing their last year of BSN education.
Davenport's BSN completion program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). North Central's ADN program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
*NCMC nursing graduates are eligible to receive scholarships to offset tuition costs. See Scholarship Information & Eligibility Requirements below.
Program Eligibility Requirements
Students must meet the following eligibility requirements to participate in Davenport's BSN completion program.
- Earn an Associate of Applied Science in Nursing degree from North Central Michigan College*.
- Pass the registered nurse license examination per the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCLEX-RN).
- Earn a minimum of 121 semester credit hours toward Davenport's Bachelor of Science in Nursing Completion degree program, including the credits transferred from North Central Michigan College.
- Meet Davenport University residency requirements within the selected bachelor degree program
Davenport University will be responsible for determining eligibility for the program if there are any questions about an individual’s qualifications.
Program Application Instructions
Follow these steps to apply to Davenport's BSN completion program:
Step 1: Apply for Admission to Davenport University.
- Must hold a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 from North Central Michigan College's nursing program
- Send official transcripts to email@example.com
Step 2: Complete the BSN Completion Supplement.
- Contact information for one professional reference
- Davenport student ID number (provided once general application is complete)
- Community college nursing program acceptance letter
Scholarship Information & Eligibility Requirements
Scholarships of up to $10,000 are available for the first 30 NCMC nursing graduates who apply and are accepted into Davenport's BSN completion program.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a past NCMC nursing graduate within the last five years
- Must be enrolled in Davenport University's Bachelor of Science in Nursing Completion program
- Must have a current, unencumbered nursing license
Scholarship Application Process:
NCMC will determine the application and selection process to designate a student as eligible for the scholarship before notifying Davenport University. To apply, fill out the BSN Scholarship Application.