Helpful tools for now—and later...
See how to apply for graduation, request a transcript, and update your personal information.
A student anticipating graduation is required to complete an Application for Graduation.
You must have Acrobat Reader installed to view your downloadable and printable Graduation Application.
You can also request an application form from the Student Services office or you can submit it electronically through the My North Central portal beneath the Student tab by clicking Graduation and Commencement. Due dates for graduation applications are provided on the application itself.
Reminder for Students:
- Make sure you meet with an advisor to verify that you qualify for your degree;
- A second degree requires a minimum of 15 credits over the requirement for initial degree;
- Review North Central Catalog degree requirements;
- Degree request will not be approved until the applicant starts final semester with at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA and is expected to complete all necessary coursework satisfactorily by the date degree is awarded;
- Degree awards are not actually recorded on official college records until final grades have been submitted and eligibility confirmed;
- Physical diplomas are mailed directly to graduates, usually several weeks after the semester ends.
Commencement is held once per year on the final day of the Winter Semester, although degrees and certificates may be conferred effective on the last day of any college enrollment period. December and July graduates are invited to participate in May's commencement ceremony.
Diplomas will be mailed to students following the confirmation of grades for the Winter Semester. You should expect to receive your diploma in the mail within 6–8 weeks after Commencement.
There are two options for requesting your North Central Michigan College transcript. If you need your North Central transcript sent to another college/university, please choose Option #1.
All requests are processed within 24—48 business hours. Please note that transcripts cannot be issued for any student who has financial obligations to North Central.
Use the National Student Clearinghouse to provide electronic transcript ordering and delivery via the web. For a small fee, you can order North Central transcripts online using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
To order an official transcript(s), please visit the Clearinghouse's Transcript Ordering Center.
The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you'd like in a single session. A processing fee will be charged per recipient.
Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also track your order online.
- Print and fill out the Academic Transcript Request Form and return the form via regular mail, fax or email. Please make sure to sign your request form. Transcripts cannot be released without
your physical signature.
Return by mail:
North Central Michigan College
Office of Academic Records
1515 Howard St.
Petoskey, MI 49770
Return by fax:
Send to 231-439-6590.
Return by email:
Email the complete PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For transcript inquiries, please contact:
Submit a Name Change to Student Services
Students requesting name changes are required to submit, to Student Services, a copy of the legal document authorizing such change (marriage license, divorce decree, court order, etc.). A current driver's license reflecting the change will be accepted. Questions regarding this policy or possible exceptions to it should be directed to:
Dropped off: Office of Student Services (located in the Borra Learning Center)
What Happens when the Name Change is submitted?
Upon completion, the following items will be affected:
- NC Portal username will change
- Name in Brightspace will reflect your new name
- Name in ‘My North Central’ will reflect your new name
- MyMail Account will change to reflect your new name
You will receive an email from us as soon as the change has been completed with your new username and your new MyMail account. Your password will not be changed.
Please contact Nicki Morris at 231-348-6625 if you have any questions.
Personal Information Changes:
Changes to personal information (address, phone number, etc.) are entered online.
Log on to the NC Portal with your user name and password
Click on the ‘My North Central’ icon
Enter your user name and password again on the upper right side of your screen and click Login
Follow these steps to submit changes:
At the top right side of the page, click on ‘Personal Info’ next to your name (Underneath the search box)
Under “My Info”, click on the ‘Biographical Info’ tab
Click on the small pencil icon next to ‘Name, Address and Personal Details’
Update the appropriate fields, then click ‘SUBMIT’ at the bottom of the page
You must click ‘SUBMIT’ or the information will not be submitted for review.
Changes will be reviewed and processed within one week.
NOTE: Changing your address does not automatically change your Residency Status. For residency change information, see our Tuition Costs page.