Skip to Main Content

Transfer Degrees

Programs of Study — UNIVERSITY Transfer Programs


Starting Your Journey to A Transfer Degree

North Central Michigan College offers four associate degree programs for students who wish to transfer to another institute of higher education: the Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or Associate of General Studies. Learn more about individual transfer program information below.

Few things in your academic journey are more frustrating than when your hard-earned courses do not transfer to your preferred university—but North Central has exceptional transfer assurance when it comes to your courses counting for credits in other universities. You may find useful transfer information on, a tool that will help you easily verify the transferability of courses. This website is maintained by the Michigan Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (MACRAO) and uses intuitive navigation. Participating colleges and universities post online transfer guides to the MACRAO site, so the content is trustworthy and relevant.

Any North Central student who plans to transfer to another higher education institution should start the academic transfer process by meeting with a North Central academic advisor or counselor or an admissions advisor from their desired university or college.

This catalog contains transfer suggestions which students may find helpful when selecting courses that are best suited to their bachelor's degrees at other institutions. North Central's transfer catalog should not be considered a replacement for transfer guides from the senior institutions.


Checklist for Transfer Students

  1. Select your desired four-year college or university as early as possible.
  2. Arrange a meeting with North Central academic advisors/counselors to keep up with current transfer issues and make sure you satisfy your associate degree requirements. It is also beneficial to verify that your courses are transferable (visit for a guide).
  3. Attend transfer events. Meet with representatives from Michigan's four-year universities. Transfer event visitation dates and additional scholarship information listed on the college's website are also posted on bulletin boards across campus and posted in Student Services.
  4. Follow the transfer guide, prepared by your chosen four-year university, which lists course requirements for your specific transfer program. Learn more about the MTA MACRAO Agreement and visit for more transfer information.
  5. Promptly apply to the four-year college or university of your choice. Many applications for admission are available online at