DRIVEN BY STUDENT SUCCESS AND EQUITY, THRIVE 2035 AUGMENTS THE COLLEGE'S COMMITMENT TO ITS PEOPLE, PROGRAMS AND PLACES
Strategic Plan Components
4 Strategic Directions
Remain in place to guide North Central for the 15 year planning cycle.
4 Strategic Goals
Support the Strategic Directions and are on a 5-year cycle.
Goal 1: Increase Student Success
26 Action Plans
Support the Strategic Goals and are on a 2-3 year cycle.
Action Plans have divisional/departmental objectives with KPIs to measure yearly performance.
North Central's Commitment
THRIVE 2035 augments the College’s commitment to its people, programs and places.
- Mission, Vision, Values Created - February 2020
- Mission, Vision, Values Approved by Board of Trustees - March 2020
- Strategic Directions & Goals Created - Dec. 2020
- Strategic Directions & Goals Approved by Board of Trustees - March 2021
- 2021-22 Action Plans with Objectives and KPIs Created - April 2021
- 2021-22 Divisional/Department Work Plans Created - June 2021
- 2021-22 Strategic Plan Implementation - July 1, 2021
- Progress against 2021-22 Objectives Analyzed - June 30, 2022
- Comprehensive Strategic Plan Revision - December 2022
- 2022-23 Action Plans with Objectives and KPIs Finalized - January 2023
- Revision approved by Board of Trustees - February 2023
- 2022-23 Strategic Plan Implementation - February 2023
- Progress against 2022-23 Objectives Analyzed - June 30, 2023
To provide exceptional, accessible, relevant higher education to the benefit of all.
To become the premier student-centered college, as partners on the learning journey.
As such, North Central will be recognized for student success and equity, transfer education, workforce development, and lifelong learning, energizing the social and economic vitality of the communities it serves.
Excellence – We hold ourselves to the highest professional standards, exceeding expectations by providing transformative learning experiences and exceptional service.
Integrity - We model ethical and honest behavior, building trust and inspiring confidence. Accountable for our words and actions, we are genuine, transparent and respectful.
Results - On and off campus, we continually deliver on our commitment to improve the lives of our students, our institution and its relevance to those we serve through innovation, agility and thoughtful risk-taking.
Stewardship - We commit to the responsible care and growth of the human, environmental, economic and cultural resources entrusted to us.
Compassion - With kindness, caring and dignity, we seek to understand and address the complex and unique needs of others.
Inclusion - We strive to create a welcoming environment that embraces and respects the uniqueness of each individual and celebrates the power of a diverse community.
The college’s vision, mission and values drive the Strategic Plan. The Environmental Scan and SWOT Analysis set the stage by depicting the current external and internal environments under which the plan was developed. The College’s Master Plan is a key element in aligning our strategic agenda with our programs and facilities. This knowledge informs the annual planning process.
The planning process pyramid shows the strategic alignment of measurable actions (KPIs) based on the College priorities used in developing and implementing the strategic plan. The plan is implemented in planning cycles, providing annual accountability and evaluation of progress as outlined in the pyramid.
David Roland Finley, President