North Central will again provide a full-tuition Presidential Scholarship to one graduating senior from a home school within its service area.
Presidential Scholarships are offered for full tuition (up to 20 contact hours per semester) and mandatory fees for four consecutive semesters (fall and winter only). Field study fees are not included. Scholarship recipients must register for the fall semester immediately following their spring high school graduation.
To be considered for this competitive scholarship, a student must:
- Complete an online Application for Admission to North Central by April 1 of the anticipated graduation year
- Have a minimum 3.5 overall high school GPA (include a high school transcript complete through the applicant’s seventh semester)
- Submit a recommendation letter that addresses the applicant’s academic potential and leadership qualities
- Submit a personal statement that addresses academic and career goals and how North Central will help meet those goals
- Submit ACT/SAT scores: ACT score of 18 or higher in English and a Reading score of 21 or higher; SAT two-digit score of 25 or higher in both English and Reading; SAT three-digit score of 500 or higher in English/Reading/Writing (ERW)
Documentation must be received by April 8, 2022. Applicants will be notified of the selection decision by May 1. For more information, visit www.ncmich.edu/admissions/financial-aid/scholarships, or contact Renee DeYoung, vice president of Student Affairs, at email@example.com or 231-348-6618.
In addition to awarding the scholarship to one home school graduate, North Central also awards the Presidential Scholarship to a graduating senior from each the 23 high schools in its service area. The scholarship is valued at $13,000 for Emmet County students and $20,000 for out-of-district students. In 2021, the college awarded 24 Presidential Scholarships totaling $418,000.