ncmc building renovation back on track, beginning again may 11, 2020
According to Governor Whitmer's latest executive order, construction workers who perform previously suspended activities will be allowed to go back on the job, subject to strict social distancing. Therefore, work on the AD/CL renovation project resumes on May 11.
Once re-started, the renovation project is expected to be completed in March, 2021.
- Summer 2020 construction will focus on renovation of the hallways and classrooms in order to re-open the AD/CL building for Fall classes.
- Early to mid Fall 2020 will be the completion of business office and foundation office spaces.
- Beginning Fall 2020 through February 2021, the addition of the student commons and the three new classrooms are expected to be completed.
Building Access Information:
- The main classroom building will be vacated, with the exception of the administration area and the IT department from May through August 2020.
- The main/first entrance to the College on Howard street will be blocked off. Only construction vehicles and administration staff will be authorized to use this entrance to access their parking in lot #3. Parking lot #2 will be blocked off and will be used as a construction staging area.
- All others wishing to access the north parking lot #1 or parking lot #7 behind the Tech building are asked to enter and exit using Atkins Road.
- All Howard Road traffic will be routed past the main entrance on Howard Street to access parking lots #4 behind the library, #5 by the residence halls and #6 behind the gym which will not be affected during this renovation.
The College encourages visitors to park behind the Library (Lot #4) or the Student and Community Resource Center (Lot #6). Harris Gardens and court yard area will have designated walk ways due to creation of a temporary construction road through August 2021.
Click below to be connected to our flickr AD/CL Building Renovation slide show