How to Pay for College
paying for college
Please pay careful attenion to due dates of payments during course registration. Due dates can be located on the Portal during registration or by clicking Payment Dates and Refund Schedule.
Classes will be dropped for non-payment unless:
- Payment is made in full before the payment due date
- Enrolled in the Nelnet Payment Plan before the payment due date
- Having anticipated financial aid appear on your student account bill in the payment Portal
Cash, Check or Money Order:
If you are paying with cash, please bring the payment to the Business Office. If you are paying by check or money order, the payment can be made in person or by mail.
North Central Cashier:
Available during normal college business hours.
Campus location: Student Services
Credit card payments can be made online in the Portal, over the phone at (231) 348-6609, or in person. Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted.
North Central offers the Nelnet Payment Plan. Nelnet requires an initial down payment followed by up to four monthly payments. There is a $25 per semester non-refundable enrollment fee. All payments are automatically deducted from either the student’s bank account or credit card. Additional information on the Nelnet Payment Plan is found in the Portal.
How to enroll in the Nelnet Payment Plan:
- Go to North Central’s homepage: www.ncmich.edu.
- Click on nc portal on the upper right-hand corner of page.
- Login to the Portal using your User Name and Password.
- Click on ‘My North Central.’
- Find your name at the top of the page, then click on the ‘Students’ tab below it.
- Click on 'My Student Account.'
- Click on 'Pay Using Nelnet.'
- If the term is not your current semester, click the drop down arrow to change it.
- Click on ‘eCashier’ at the bottom of the screen.
- A second browser window will appear which will allow you to enroll in a payment plan.
- Other Help:
To see your accrued tuition and fees, see the column on the left and click on My Account Info, then on
My Account Balances.
You can check on your Financial Aid status by clicking on My Financial Aid, located in the left-hand column.
Remember to click “Log out” at the end of your session.
Note: Nelnet is an outside company. Payment plans will NOT automatically adjust to reflect changes on your student account (ex. adding and dropping classes, addition of financial aid, etc.) If your account changes, please contact the Business Office. Students can enroll by visiting the Business Office or online by logging into the Portal.
For more payment account information or to make account payments, please contact the Business Office at (231) 348-6609 or (231) 348-6803.