Financial Aid Adjustment/Special Circumstances
Financial Aid may adjust a student’s financial aid award package based on special circumstances. A special circumstance is used on a case-by-case basis when there has been involuntary, permanent income changes, unusual expenses, or changes in personal circumstances that occurred in the past year. The special circumstances can be re-evaluated for both a dependent or independent student and also for a dependent student's parents. This may include:
- Loss of employment/Retirement
- Loss of untaxed income, other income, or benefit
- Unusual expenses
If you have had special circumstances you would like our office to consider, please take the following steps:
- Print and complete the Special Circumstances form below.
- Provide supporting documentation.
- Submit the completed form and supporting documentation to our office.
- Allow 2-4 weeks for processing.