Skip to content

Campus Housing FAQs

Students can complete an application for Campus Housing 24/7 by logging in to the NC Portal and selecting “Student Quick Links."

Students are required to submit a $100 security deposit prior to moving into Campus Housing.  This can be paid to the Business Office at North Central Michigan College. This payment will act as an application fee allowing a room to be reserved in your name. The application fee is non refundable should you later decide not to live on campus as the reserves a space that could have otherwise been given to some one else. The application fee will become your security deposit upon moving into the residence hall and signing the residence hall contract. It will then be refundable when you move out, pending you adhere to the checkout procedures and there is not damage to the liviing space. The deposit will be refunded within 6 weeks of the semesters end.

There are different costs based on your double/single room and meal plan preferences.  The easiest way to answer this is to visit Costs & Meal Plans

The residential building is co-ed but individual rooms and adjoining suites are not.

Many students utilize grants and certain scholarships to cover the cost of Campus Housing.  Financial Aid is available to most students to cover education related expenses.  

Students are required to be full-time students (minimum of 12 credit hours for fall and winter) each semester.  Students living in Campus Housing during the summer semester must be enrolled for a minimum of 3 credit hours.

Payment in full for each semester is due before the start of the semester. The specific payment dates will be determined for each year.

North Central has a professional staff member who lives on campus.  Additionally, there is a Resident Assistant who lives on each floor who build community and maintain a safe environment.

The entrance to Campus Housing requires a key card and visitors are required to sign-in at the front desk. All rooms have individually keyed locks and each resident is provided with an individual mail box.

Students are bound by the Residence Life Handbook for that year.

No, students (regardless of age) are not permitted to smoke or drink in their suites or inside the housing complex.

No, rooms will be assigned on a first-come basis based upon date of application/security deposit received.

Yes, you can request your roommate.  Requests for roommate preference must be indicated on both residents’ applications.

Residents living in Campus Housing are required to purchase a Meal Plan.  This plan can be used in North Central’s Iron Horse Cafe or Halfway Cafe.

Yes, students are required to sign a housing contract.