Skip to Main Content
Campus Housing



  • Q: How do I complete a Campus Housing application?
    A: For a Campus Housing application, students can complete one 24/7 by logging into the NC Portal and selecting “Student Quick Links”.


  • Q: Is there a Security Deposit? 
    A: Students are required to submit a $100 security deposit prior to moving into Campus Housing.  This can be paid to the Business Office at North Central Michigan College. This payment will act as an application fee allowing a room to be reserved in your name. The application fee is non refundable should you later decide not to live on campus as the reserves a space that could have otherwise been given to some one else. The application fee will become your security deposit upon moving into the residence hall and signing the residence hall contract. It will then be refundable when you move out, pending you adhere to the checkout procedures and there is not damage to the liviing space. The deposit will be refunded within 6 weeks of the semesters end.


  • Q: How much does it cost to live in Campus Housing?
    A:  There are different costs based on your double/single room and meal plan preferences.  The easiest way to answer this is to visit Costs & Meal Plans.


  • Q: Is Campus Housing co-ed?
    A: The residential building is co-ed but individual rooms and adjoining suites are not.


  • Q: Can Financial Aid cover the cost of living in Campus Housing?
    A: Many students utilize grants and certain scholarships to cover the cost of Campus Housing.  Financial Aid is available to most students to cover education related expenses.  


  • Q: Do I need to be a full-time student at North Central in order to live on-campus?
    A: Students are required to be full-time students (minimum of 12 credit hours for fall and winter) each semester.  Students living in Campus Housing during the summer semester must be enrolled for a minimum of 3 credit hours.


  • Q: When do I pay for my room?
    A: Payment in full for each semester is due before the start of the semester. The specific payment dates will be determined for each year.


  • Q: Is there a supervisor living in the campus housing?
    A: North Central has a professional staff member who lives on campus.  Additionally, there is a Resident Assistant who lives on each floor who build community and maintain a safe environment.


  • Q: How safe is the residential housing?
    A: The entrance to Campus Housing requires a key card and visitors are required to sign-in at the front desk. All rooms have individually keyed locks and each resident is provided with an individual mail box.


  • Q: Is there certain requirements students will have to abide by in order to live on-campus?
    A: Students are bound by the Residence Life Handbook for that year.


  • Q: Will I be able to smoke and drink alcohol in the residential facility?
    A: No, students (regardless of age) are not permitted to smoke or drink in their suites or inside the housing complex.


  • Q: Can I choose my room?
    A: No, rooms will be assigned on a first-come basis based upon date of application/security deposit received.


  • Q: Can I request to room with a friend?
    A: Yes, you can request your roommate.  Requests for roommate preference must be indicated on both residents’ applications.


  • Q: Is there a meal plan available?
    A: Residents living in Campus Housing are required to purchase a Meal Plan.  This plan can be used in North Central’s Iron Horse Cafe or Halfway Cafe.


  • Q: Will I be required to sign a contract to live in Campus Housing?
    A: Yes, students are required to sign a housing contract.