BUILDING EVACUATION Procedure
Evacuation may occur due to: Explosion or Threat of an Explosion, Fire, Bomb Threat, Hazardous Material, or Flood, as determined by Petoskey Public Safety.
- Call 9-1-1 if you have not done so and/or follow Petoskey Public Safety recommendations.
- The College Incident Commander determines if students and staff should be evacuated outside of the building or to an Evacuation Relocation Center per PPS recommendations.
- The College Incident Commander determines staffing level needs; information is relayed to the Human Resources Department to call in additional staff to respond to the incident.
- Director of College Communications takes over the College website.
- Lockdown procedure is initiated for attendance purposes prior to evacuation and the first attendance is taken.
- Activate the appropriate ALERTUS ENS if able to.
- Administration, Faculty, Staff and Support Staff take evacuation folder as they exit the room to take attendance at the Evacuation Relocation Center.
- Place evacuation signs on the door of the Administration Building (this is to notify the public).
- Lock all exterior doors.
Administration, Faculty, Staff and Support Staff:
- Direct students to follow normal evacuation drill procedures or follow an alternate route if the normal route is too dangerous.
- Take attendance before leaving the classroom, and at a specified area of relocation center and inform the Evacuation Relocation Center Coordinator immediately if there is a missing student.
- Remain with the class at all times at the relocation center.
- No one may re-enter the building.
- College IC notifies students and staff emergency has ended.
- Resume normal operations.
Suggested Evacuation Relocation Center:
Petoskey Seventh-Day Adventist
1404 Howard Street
Petoskey, MI 49770
Sheridan Elementary School
1415 Howard Street
Petoskey, MI 49770