Skip to content
Shelter in Place Procedure
- A shelter in place procedure will be initiated through a recommendation by 9-1-1 or
- Activate the appropriate ALERTUS ENS if able to.
- Stay in your room/office/classroom.
- Notify those around you not to leave the building. The exterior doors will be locked
to prevent persons from entering the buildings.
- Maintenance will lock exterior doors, cover the door window, pull down the blinds
and stay calm.
- Stay away from any windows.
- Check your email or the college website for additional updates.
- Report any suspicious activity, sounds or smells to our Physical Plant- 6385 or 9-1-1(on-campus
phones) or 231-439-6385 (cell phones)
- Come out when you receive the “all clear.”